5 Minute Lunch: Creamy Dijon Chickpea Salad Lettuce Wraps
This might be one of my favorite recipes for a quick lunch because you can make this dish in 5 minutes. Creamy dijon chickpea salad is a vegan take on chicken or tuna salad. This low-cost, quick fix meal is both delicious and fulfilling. This recipe can be served in lettuce boats, tortilla wraps, bread or even as a dip!
How to make this recipe
Begin by draining a can of organic chickpeas or garbanzo beans. I like to rinse them in a small colander like this one to remove the aquafaba (the liquid in the can.) Then, dice up a small english cucumber, tomatoes and an onion. Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
Then, add in 2 tablespoons of dijon mustard and 1 tablespoon of vegan mayo. Finally, add in salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast.
Mash it up!
This is the fun part. Start by mixing all of your ingredients together with a spoon. Then, use a masher or a large fork and begin mashing the chickpea mixture together. You want to mash it until it resembles a chicken salad or tuna salad texture. I recommend using a large fork and some elbow grease.
Within a few minutes, you will have a delicious and satisfying creamy dijon chickpea salad!
I like to serve mine in lettuce boats or in a wrap. For the lettuce boats, just take 3 stalks of romaine lettuce and scoop a large amount of the salad into the stalk.
You can serve this on a fresh roll, Ezekiel break, sandwich bread, tortilla wrap, etc, with pickles, lettuce, etc.
Who needs chicken salad when you can have creamy dijon chickpea salad?!
- 1 can organic chickpeas or garbanzo beans
- 1/3 cup diced english cucumber
- 1/3 cup diced tomato or fresh salsa
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by draining one 8 oz can of organic chickpeas and adding it to a large mixing bowl.
- Dice cucumber, tomatoes, and onion and add to the bowl.
- Add in dijon mustard and vegan mayo.
- Add in nutritional yeast and salt and pepper.
- Gently mix ingredients together and then use a fork or a masher to break down the chickpeas.
- Continue mashing the chickpea salad until it resembles a chicken salad texture.
- Serve in lettuce wraps, on bread or in a tortilla wrap!
- You can use an avocado instead of vegan mayo.
- You can add relish to your salad and serve on a roll.
- You can substitute dijon mustard with a stone grain mustard.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 352Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 722mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 15gSugar: 11gProtein: 18g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.