Delicious Hummus Veggie Wraps ready in 5 minutes. Made with fresh vegetables, creamy hummus and a soft wrap, you’ll enjoy this tasty lunch recipe.
Crunchy, easy and delicious! This recipe for a Hummus Veggie Wrap is made with fresh vegetables like carrots, mushrooms, peppers and onions. Great for lunches, these wraps can be served on sandwich bread, lavash bread, pita bread or tortillas. I love to make this recipe when entertaining because it is really affordable to make and you can prepare an entire sandwich platter with just a few simple ingredients.
As with many of my recipes, the Hummus Veggie Wrap is completely versatile and you can use whatever vegetables you want. Change up the veggies, add fun seasonings or use a flavored hummus for extra variety. Take it with you for an on-the-go meal or let it hang out in the fridge until you’re ready for a bite.
Ingredients for Hummus Veggie Wraps
Make Hummus Veggie Wraps with any vegetables that you want. I share some of my favorites to use below.
- Thinly sliced carrots
- Sautéd onions
- Bell peppers
- Shredded lettuce
Add some variety and use cucumber, kale, shredded cabbage, tomato, avocado and garlic. You can add in different seasonings like garlic powder or red chili flakes for a spicy hummus veggie wrap.
Other Ingredients You’ll Need:
- BREAD: Tortillas, sandwich bread, lavash bread, english muffins, etc
- HUMMUS: I use plain hummus but you can use a flavored hummus like garlic hummus, roasted red pepper hummus, olive tapenade hummus, etc.
How to Make a Hummus Veggie Wrap
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Steps to make Hummus Veggie Wraps
- Lather on the hummus!
Lay your sandwich bread, tortilla or lavash bread on a flat surface and spread hummus over one-half of the wrap. Avoid spreading the hummus to the edge of the wrap (leave 1/2″ space.)
- Chop and add vegetables
Chop the vegetables into smaller, bite sized pieces and lay them inside your wrap. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Wrap up!
Roll over the wrap until it is completely folded. Slice in half and it is ready to serve.
Storage and Meal Prep
Hummus Veggie Wraps are an easy make-ahead sandwich that stores well in the fridge or in a brown paper bag lunch. If you meal prep this recipe, it will last about 2 days in the fridge. Store Hummus Veggie Wraps in an air-tight container.
- Salad: Serve alongside with our cold Lentil Salad with Ginger Dressing, Vegan Chickpea Tuna Salad, or our Fresh Kale Caesar Salad.
- Snacks: Serve with fresh fruit like oranges, melon, cantaloupe, or grapes. Also goes well with crackers or nuts.
If you try this recipe for Hummus Veggie Wraps please let me know how you like it in the comments below!
Hummus Veggie Wraps
- 4 large tortillas (or lavash bread)
- 1 cup hummus (plain or flavored)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow or green bell pepper
- 2 carrots, julienned
- ½ cup mushrooms, cooked
- ¼ tsp salt and pepper (to taste)
- Lay your sandwich bread, tortilla or lavash bread on a flat surface and spread hummus over one-half of the wrap. Avoid spreading the hummus to the edge of the wrap (leave 1/2″ space.)
- Chop the vegetables into smaller, bite sized pieces and lay them inside your wrap. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Slice the wrap and half and serve. Place leftovers in the fridge for up to 2 days.